LBBL VISA DEBIT CARD
In order to provide customers with convenience of paying directly through their account, make purchase and withdrawal from a wide range of merchant locations and terminals, the bank offers LBBL Visa Debit Cards. Lumbini Bikas Bank Limited also offers LBBL Instant Cards, which are Visa Debit Cards without name print. LBBL Instant Cards are issued instantaneously (within 30 minutes) and are available from all branches of the bank.
These cards are chip based and EMV compliant – thus protect from card fraud resulting from counterfeit, lost, and stolen cards. The cards are operated through Nepal Electronic Payment Systems (NEPS) Limited. LBBL Visa Debit Cards are accepted on a wide range of ATM terminals and merchant locations associated with Visa within Nepal and India.
LBBL Visa Cards also facilitate the customer with LBBL Visa Online E-Commerce enabling the cardholders to transact online over Internet at Nepalese & Indian Online E-Commerce sites. The transactions are secured with Visa verification throught OTP (One Time Password) sent on the cell phone of cardholder. LBBL Cardholders can avail this service by registering through an application form at LBBL branch. Registration to this service is FREE for LBBL Visa Cardholders.
Refer to the Standard Tariff & Charges (STC) of the bank for Transaction Limit, Fees and Charge details.
To check the current list of members from NEPS, please visit
- Access to wider ATM network throughout the nation
- PIN based secured transaction mechanism for every withdrawal and purchase
- Wide acceptance within Nepal and India
- Prompt SMS transaction alerts
- No charges are levied for cash withdrawal on LBBL Debit card at any Visa ATM terminal within Nepal.
- No charges are levied for purchase of goods and services from merchant (POS) outlets
Procedure to Apply for LBBL Visa Debit Card
- Fill up the Application Form and submit it to the respective branch.
- Collect your Debit card and PIN code on the specified day, have your card activated, and change the PIN.
- Start to use your Debit Card at ATM and POS terminals, following below procedures.
First time Forceful PIN Change
You are required to activate it by changing PIN (replace PIN provided by the bank with your own PIN) for the first time from any Lumbini Bikas Bank ATM or any other VISA Switch integrated ATMs.
Use of Card at POS
It is very simple and easy to use your debit card at any merchant location. Instead of paying cash, you may make payments of desired amounts using your card.
You just swipe your card at the POS machines stationed at merchant locations and press desired payment amounts. The merchant officials may guide you.
- Two receipts will then be printed for you to sign. The merchant will keep one copy and hand over the second copy to you.
Use of Card at ATM
Withdrawal of cash from ATM is very common and simple, which is described as under:
- Insert you Visa Debit card in the card Reader. (In some ATM machines, you are required to pull the card inside card reader while in others you are required to dip the card in and pull it out quickly.)
- Enter your four digit PIN number.
- Select “Fast Cash” or select “Withdrawal”, to draw cash out from the ATM.
- Select the desired Amount for “Fast Cash” or type desired amount for “Withdrawal” activity. This must be in multiples of 500 in LBBL ATMs.
- Make sure to take your Cash, Debit Card and a Receipt paper.
Card Lost or Stolen & Replacement Card
In case your card is lost or stolen or you feel that your PIN number is disclosed to others, please inform to the bank immediately to block further usage of the Card.
You can receive “Replacement Card” against that Blocked card, by contacting and applying at the bank branches.
Tips & Security Measures (Guidance)
- Please treat your card like cash and never keep it lying around.
- You are advised to change PIN provided by the bank at the time of using your card for the first time and periodically thereafter.
- A secret PIN code shall be provided to you in a sealed PIN Mailer. For security purpose, you are advised to memorize your PIN code and destroy the PIN Mailer.
- Do not keep your PIN with your Debit Card and do not disclose it to anyone.
- Please sign on the signature panel at the back side of your Debit Card, immediately upon receipt.
- If you lose your card, report to the bank immediately to block the same.
- Please do not bend your Debit Card.
- Check your account statement on regular basis. In case of any discrepancy, please inform to the Bank.