This Product Paper states and defines process/procedures relating to Shareholders Saving Account.
This product has been designed to encourage our shareholders to open the account in their own bank. The product will primarily target to our own shareholders.
Shareholders invest huge amount during establishment of the company. They are the investors who inject required capital. They are the owner and one of the main stakeholders of the company.
Keeping these aspects in consideration, banks and financial institutions offer a special shareholder accounts. Most of the BFIs in Nepal offer shareholder saving account to provide facility for the various banking purpose to their shareholders. From this account, shareholders can make deposits, withdrawals, payments, collect dividends, and transfer their amount, etc.
Type of Deposit
Purpose of the Deposit
- Increase the saving habits of shareholders.
- For depositing dividend declared by the bank.
- Increase our retail / saving deposit base
- To reduce concentration on corporate and call deposit (comparatively volatile in nature).
- Diversify Deposit-Portfolio
The account to be opened by all the shareholders of our bank
- Minimum Balance to be maintained : NPR 100
- Interest Rate: Interest on daily balance payable quarterly. The rate will be decided by the Board of Directors of the bank. However, the rate of interest is subject to change depending on the market (Click Here).
- Tax on interest shall be levied as per prevailing Income Tax Act
- Free ABBS Facility
- 50% Discount on Locker Margin. Locker Facility is subject to availability. The depositor availing locker facility under this scheme will have to top up locker margin or surrender locker at the time of account closing
- 50% discount on Annual Locker Fee for 1st year from the date of availing locker facility
- Free On demand account statement
- Free Cheque Book
- As per Operation Manual/KYC& AML Policy/ NRB Directives